I love me some frittata for a couple of reasons. It’s delicious, easy and quick to make and, most importantly, gets rid of all the veggies in your fridge. No waste!
- A diced onion and garlic to taste (I usually add two cloves)
- About six eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- A pinch of parsley
- A cup or two of veggies. The amount really depends on the veggies you have on hand. Spinaches lose their volume once cooked.
Preheat your oven to 220 Celsius.
Heat some olive oil on a hot pan. Add the onion, once it starts to get soft and translucent add the garlic. Stir for a couple of minutes. Add your diced veggies. Let them cook for five minutes. In the meantime, whisk the six eggs with salt, pepper, parsley and the nutritional yeast.
Pour the mixture to the pan. Here you have two options:
- Let it cook for a minute. Then, get the pan on the oven at 200C. Let it bake until the top starts to golden.
- If you don’t have a pan suitable for the oven, you can just do an omelette. Let it cook for a couple of minutes on one side, flip it with the help of a dish. Let it cook for another couple of minutes on the other side and serve!