This is my take on Laura Vitale’s Garlic Stuffed Pork Loin recipe from her book “Laura in the Kitchen”. I have changed quite a few things, mainly that we are cooking it on a Römertopf and serving it with potatoes. This was our meal on Christmas day and it was delicious.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced in big chunks
- Pork loin
- 3 garlic cloves cut in thin slices
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of rosemary
- Half a cup of cognac (instead of ¾ of white wine as per recipe)
- Salt and pepper
- Potatoes, washed and diced (1 or 1.5 K)- She usually serves it with polenta
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 250 C
- Place the diced onions and potatoes on the Römertopf. Add salt, pepper and olive oil.
- On the top, place the pork loin. Cut slits over the top and stuff it with garlic.
- Add the cognac, a ¼ glass of water. Salt and pepper.
- Roast the pork for 15 mins uncovered.
- Then, reduce the temperature to 200C, put the Römertopf’s lid on. Let it cook for approximately an hour.
- Let the roast cool down for 10 minutes before serving it.