This is a Pasta recipe very popular in Euskadi (The Basque Country). It reminds me of a friend’s mom. If you like garlic and prawns, you will love it.
Ingredients (2/3 persons)
- 250 grs of spaghetti
- 2/3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Finely sliced red chilli or guindilla (how much will depend on your tastes and the type of chilli you use)
- A glass of white wine (optional)
- Some parsley
- 12 raw and cleaned medium size prawns
Step by step
- Cook the pasta as per manufacturer’s instructions
- In the meantime, heat the oil on a pan. Add the garlic and red chilli, once it starts to golden add the prawns. Salt and pepper. Stir until they change from grey to red. At this moment you can add the glass of wine. Let the alcohol evaporate.
- Once the pasta is drained, add it to the pan and mix well. Turn the heat off. Let in rest for a couple of minutes. Add the parsley and, if you want some olive oil.
Serve and enjoy!