I never knew that you could do chia jam until I read Niomi Smart’s cookbook, Eat smart.She has three very yummy recipes. I came with a recipe on my own.
For the blueberry and mango chia jam, you will need:
- 300 grams of frozen mango
- 200 grams of frozen blueberries
- a cup of water
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- a dash of cinnamon
- juice of half lemon
- In a small pot boil water along with the frozen mango and blueberries.
- Add the sugar, chia seeds and cinnamon.
- Let them cook for 20 minutes in low heat.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Once the mixture is cool, store it on an airtight container. You can keep it on the refrigerator for two weeks.
You can spread it over a toast or use it as decoration on a vegan cheescake.